ROCKWOOL AFB® is lightweight, semi-rigid Batt insulation specifically designed for steel stud interior wall and floor applications.
This stone wool-based insulation is made from natural stone and recycled content. It's a sustainable product that provides superior sound absorbency and fire protection for overall occupant comfort and safety. That's why AFB is quickly becoming the insulation of choice for today's green builders in commercial and industrial construction.
- Application: For Use in Commercial/Industrial, Steel Stud Interior Wall, Floor and Hot Service Applications
- Density: 2.2 pcf
- Flame Spread Index: 0
- Insulation Thickness: 2 in
- Item Name: Mineral Wool Batt Insulation
- Material: Mineral Wool
- Smoke Developed Index : 0
- Special Features: Lightweight, Semi-Rigid
- Sub Brand: AFB
- Temperature Rating: 1200 deg F
- Water Vapor Sorption: <1% by Weight, <0.02% By Volume
- Width: 16 and 24 in
ASTM C303|ASTM C423|ASTM C665|ASTM C795|ASTM E1050|ASTM E413|ASTM E84|ASTM E90|CAN/ULC S114|City of LA RR 25444|New York City MEA 338-97M