The NorthStar Standard Drywall Corner Roller differs from the Elite Corner roller in that it is a one piece cast aluminum body like all the other corner rollers on the market.
- The rollers are delrin with outer stainless steel wear rings. Delrin is one of the best bearing materials available for low speed applications;
- It has rounded corners on the body to prevent tape snagging
- The rollers are molded and CNC precision machined rollers create a clean sharp 90° angle;
- The rollers have a closed back to prevent joint compound caking between the body and roller;
- The rollers run on hard chromed bushings for durability;
- The rollers have “play” to roll a tighter corner by conforming to walls
This tool is specifically designed for seating inside corners using two sets of rollers to form a sharp clean 90° angle. It also prepares the corner for the angle heads. Begin in the center of your corner joint and work out to the ends. This process requires two passes with the first being applied with a light pressure to seat the tape. The second pass requires a firm even pressure to squeeze excess compound from beneath the tape.
Tips for Maintenance and Cleaning
Clean tools with water and a brush or hose and then lightly coat the tool with non-penetrating oil to ensure a proper working condition. During use do not allow compound to dry on the tool by placing it into a clean bucket of water.
Northstar™ Corner Roller Handles Available.