The tallest pro dust barrier pole – Indispensable for high ceilings, great for smaller jobs too
Two spring-loaded poles secure a dust barrier up to 20 feet high and 10 feet long. Strong and lightweight anodized aluminum construction. Innovative non-skid, non-marking head and plate. Package includes two poles with parts (heads, plates, and GripDisk™ non-slip pads).
Quick & easy to set up — no ladders, no tape, no damage.
ZipWall® 20 dust barrier poles are designed for the professional contractor. Two anodized aluminum sections telescope up to 20 feet and twist to lock. Each spring-loaded pole is easy to set up without a ladder – a major safety benefit when working with high ceilings. The innovative non-skid, non-marking head locks the barrier material, allowing it to be raised with the pole, and holds it securely in place without damaging the ceiling. A tight dust barrier can be set up in just a few minutes, one pole at a time, without ladders, tape, or damage.
The ZipWall® 20 poles are the tallest dust barrier poles. Anodized aluminum construction makes them sturdier than stainless steel, smoother to raise and to lock, and the best foundation for ZipWall® accessories like FoamRail™ tapeless seals. These poles are versatile – extending from 5’2″ to 20′ – and built for heavy use.
A 12 foot anodized aluminum pole is also available.The ZipWall® 20 2-Pack is essential for jobs with high ceilings, and a great add-on to your existing set of ZipWall® dust barrier poles. Two poles can be used to create a barrier up to 10 feet wide, or close off a hallway less than 10 feet wide.
- Spring-loaded design for quick, easy, and safe setup
- Strong and lightweight anodized aluminum construction
- Telescope up to 20′ (from 5′ 2″)
- Innovative non-skid, non-marking head and plate
- Each pole weighs just 3.25 lb
- GripDisks™ prevent sliding on smooth floors
- Work with positive and negative air
- Help comply with the EPA RRP rule
- Two 20′ anodized aluminum spring-loaded poles with parts (heads, plates, and GripDisk™ non-slip pads). Plastic sheeting is not included.
Weight: 7.8 lb
Dimensions: 62.5″ x 3.75″ x 2.75″
Applications for ZipWall Dust Barrier Poles
The ZipWall® dust barrier is used for dust protection in remodeling, renovation, restoration, painting, drywall, flooring, demolition, concrete cutting, sanding, and any interior job that generates dust. Beyond construction, the ZipWall® barrier system is widely used for abatement, mold remediation, water damage or flood restoration, and other interior jobs where contaminants in the dust are a concern. Another driver for the use of ZipWall® barriers is OSHA’s new Silica Rule for Construction which requires the implementation of dust controls.
Heavy users of ZipWall® products include professional contractors – general contractors and tradesmen – and facility managers. ZipWall® barriers can be found in healthcare facilities, hospitality and retail spaces, manufacturing, government and education buildings, transportation and property management buildings, and of course, in the residential market where the ZipWall® system originated.
Tips for setting up a dust barrier
- When using plastic, cut it to size ahead of time.
- Set up the barrier one pole at a time starting at the wall. Leave the plastic loose at the bottom and make sure the spring at the top of the pole is not compressed all the way.
Once ALL poles are in place, do the following:
- Tuck the plastic under each pole.
- Place a GRIP DISK on the floor under the pole.
- Compress the spring at the top of each pole all the way up.
IMPORTANT: Placing a GripDisk™ non-skid pad under each pole ensures the barrier will stay securely in place even on smooth floors or when used with negative air pressure.